Saturday, February 12, 2011

Baby Spinach/Shredded Cabbage Salad

I made this base salad last summer and the other day decided to change it up some for a few less points and still have great flavor.  It was GOOD, made 5 servings of 1 1/2-2 cups each, 5 PointsPlus per serving.

1 package of Baby Spinach Leaves
1 package of Shredded Cabbage
2 fresh corn on cob, cut off the cob
1/2 honeycrisp apple chopped
1 serving of left over chicken breast (about 3 oz) cut up
1/2 c chopped black walnuts toasted

Put all ingredients in nice size storage container that will seal tight.  Mix together.  I got 5 very plentiful servings from this.  I used Raspberry Spritzer salad dressing and a tiny bit of Light Ranch for some creaminess.  I also added 1/2 square of Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese to it one day for variety.  The points for the salad don't include any dressings or extra cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment