Saturday, June 12, 2010

Chicken Soup

I have a small crock pot so I have to make this two nights running to use all the ingredients. When I make the second pot I freeze it in individual serving containers.

Mix these first in the crock pot:

1 box Chicken Broth

1 pkg dry Ranch Dressing Mix

Spices to taste: Cumin, Paprika, Oregano, Garlic, Celery Salt

Stir together break down the dressing mix and blend spices,


Now you can add the chicken and veggies,

1 can ranch style beans

1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (not rotel, just del monte these are not spicy, you could use rotel if you want the heat)

2 ears of fresh corn/cob cut from the cob

2 small zucchini cut in bite size pieces

1/2 pkg ready to steam green beans cut into bite size pieces (take handful and cut across 2-3 times)

1/2 pkg matchstick carrots(these are the shredded looking ones)

1/2 pkg angel hair cabbage

1/2 pkg baby spinach chopped

1/2 rotisserie chicken shredded off the bone

Be sure to stir after each addition. Do not drain the beans or the tomatoes. This will fill a small crock pot to the brim. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours. I usually put it all together in the evening and let it cook all night. Could put together early morning and it will be ready by evening.

If you have a large crock pot you would be able to utilize all the ingredients at one time. Be sure to add another box of chicken broth, I think the rest will be fine unless you want more beans / tomatoes, you could add another can of each of those, and maybe one more ear of corn.

*I have taken a piece of laughing cow swiss cut into pieces and heated into bowl of soup, stir thoroughly when heated.

No comments:

Post a Comment