Pkg of Baby Spinach Leaves....I bunched a handful together and sliced across them to make the salad more edible, I like the smaller pieces.
Pkg of AngelHair Cabbage
Ultimately Sweet Fresh Corn Cut off the Cob
Fetta Cheese
Dried Fruit/Nut Mix...Raisins, Golden Raisins, Cranberries, Cherries, Blueberries, Walnuts, Almonds
Salad dressing to taste....Lite Ranch, Balsamic Vinegar, Rasberry Vinegarette, all are good individually or mix the ranch with either of the other two makes a good combination too.
Things I have added in combination or just used what I had on hand at the time, I have enjoyed this salad many different ways and am still creating new ways to devour it:
Cottage Cheese (a really great combination with the fetta)
Brocolli
Fresh Green Beans cooked crisp tender
Zucchini (raw, cut up in bite size pieces)
Rotisserie Chicken
Turkey
Tuna
Salmon (single serving in the foil package works great)
Follow your taste buds and use what you have on hand. Great way to get out of the lettuce and tomatoe salad routine.
I have made a small plate just for one and large container for a whole gathering of people. When making for one the spinach and cabbage stores well and lasts for days in the fridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment