Friday, January 8, 2010

Fighting Arctic Blast with Hot Veg Soup

Fresh and bountiful and made in a crock pot so when you wake up the next morning you can have delicious hot soup for breakfast if you want....what a great way to start the day! You could even have the stuff ready to throw into crock and have for dinner when you get home in evening.

I have one of the smaller style crock pots and I stuff it FULL of veggies, the lid barely stays down after getting it all in there, but the veggies cook down and then the lid sits right. This recipe is based on what I like so be sure to use the veggies you like.
Put in crock pot....

1 container of beef broth (4 cup size and I use the low sodium fat free)

1/2 of small sweet yellow onion

2 stalks of celery

1/2 orange, yellow or red bell pepper (any of these colors has a better flavor to me than green)

1/2 package brown gravy mix

1/2 package ranch dressing mix

Stir all of this together and then go with the bigger veggies:

1/2 package shredded carrot sticks

1/2 package shredded cabbage

1/2 package green beans (I cut these up a bit because the beans are long)

1 zucchinni

2 fresh incredibly sweet corn on cob, cut off the cob

1-2 cans of favorite diced tomatoes (your preference)

couple handfuls of fresh spinach

2 Bocca Original Vegan Burgers, chopped

Salt and pepper a bit while layering the veggies, you want it to have plenty of flavor.

Now kinda smash this down into the crock pot till you can get the lid on. Set on low and let it cook about 8 hours. I stirred it a couple times before I went to bed but you don't have to.

If you have the big crock you can just use all the ingredients. I made soup 2 nights and froze one batch in individual serving containers.

All of this takes about 30 minutes to prepare from start to finish, not a lot of cutting and chopping and it is all fresh and flavorful. Be creative and find your perfect soup of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment